Established in 1925 by the McPherson family, Pie Bob’s provided pies and cakes to the local community. Bob senior started the business with only 5/- (Five Shillings); he went out and bought a stone of flour, 2lbs of meat, 2lbs of fat and 6d (Sixpence) worth of ‘Gassie’ (Cinders to heat the oven). He made his first batch of Bridies (Which sold very well) then reinvested the profit into his fledgling business. Bob’s reputation grew, doing a roaring trade with the workmen who started construction on the Strathmore Avenue, Airlie Crescent and Bruce Road housing schemes. The original bakery was located in Fisheracre, and then into the 70’s the shop moved to Grant Road where it passed into the care of Bob McPherson Junior.
In 2002 the business changed hands when a local lass Muried Braid and her partner Neil Elford took over the reins. Tradition, quality and consistency remain a priority for the new owners but Neil is always keen to try out new savoury and sweet treats for his customers to sample.
We’d like to thank all our customers for their continued support.